Neurologic OT Fellowship Overview
As a world-class organization on the cutting edge of evidence-based practice and professional development, the Brooks IHL is proud to offer the first AOTA Approved Neurologic Fellowship Program in the state of Florida!
Our AOTA approved Neurologic Fellowship program starts in July and runs for one year. Fellows-in-training rotate through various neurologic care settings within the Brooks Rehabilitation System including inpatient Brain Injury, Stroke, and Spinal Cord Injury Programs and also Skilled Nursing settings. Throughout each care setting, fellows treat a full caseload and receive a 40 hour/week salary. Components of the fellowship include didactic coursework and instruction, 1:1 clinical mentoring and supervision, and directed learning activities.
The Brooks Neurologic OT Fellowship Program is an Approved Site by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
The Brooks IHL Neurologic OT Fellowship Program will prepare occupational therapists towards application to be recognized by AOTA for Board Certification in Physical Rehabilitation (BCPR).
- The fellowship will be founded on The Five Pillars.
- The fellows-in-training will participate in combinations of traditional coursework, directed learning activities, and clinical mentoring.
- Fellows-in-training will serve as Brooks Rehabilitation staff for the course of the training.
- Upon graduation, the fellows will serve as clinical leaders and change agents for Brooks Rehabilitation and/or the profession.
Applicants to the Brooks Neurologic OT Fellowship Program must:
- Obtain Florida licensure or temporary licensure by the 2nd Friday in June
- Meet all eligibility requirements to be employed as a practicing clinician within Brooks Rehabilitation
- Satisfy educational criteria for Florida Physical Agent Modalities (PAMS) certification by August