2021 Babies to Barbells: Movement Analysis
- Date(s): February 27, 2021 – February 27, 2021
- Times: Saturday, 8:00AM - 5:30PM
3599 University Blvd South
Jacksonville, FL 32216
Traditional approaches to physical therapy divide adult and child intervention into very separate scopes of practice. In reality, things can be learned from both populations for application across the lifespan. Our aim is to merge those views through the lens of biomechanical analysis of the movement system. Do you apply strength and conditioning principles commonly used for high-level athletes to your infant clients? Through this course, we will propose a profound approach to pediatric movement analysis that can be applied to any diagnosis for the development of a common treatment approach regardless of age.
At the end of this course, all participants will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental human movements and functional movement lines
- Discuss biomechanical principles in application relative to pediatric movement
- Describe therapeutic dosing principles and considerations for orthopedic, developmental and neurologic pediatric populations
- Create connections between new biomechanical and how these apply to previous treatment frameworks
PT and OT staff will also be able to:
- Evaluate a common pediatric condition and develop an intervention program based on biomechanical movement analysis
- Apply a biomechanical view to pediatric movement to analyze motor impairments
Caroline Ubben PT, DPT, CSCS
Steven Walczak PT, DPT, CSCSIntended Audience:
The information presented in this course is clinically relevant for PT, PTA, OT and COTA clinical designations.
Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!CEUs:
This course has been approved for 8 hours (.8 CEUs) by the following boards
- Florida Physical Therapy Association
• Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
The Brooks Institute of Higher Learning is also a recognized Continuing Education Provider in the state of Florida and automatically reports CEU credit to the Florida board. Accreditation of this course does not necessarily imply the FPTA supports the views of the presenter or the sponsors. CE Provider #: 50-3166.Disclaimer: Registrations from individuals with clinical designations not listed in the intended audience for this course may be subject to removal from the course roster without a full refund. See Brooks IHL Course Policies and Procedures for details. If you are unsure or have questions related to the intended audience, please email info@BrooksIHL.org and we will be happy to help clarify!
Simply select the number of tickets you wish to purchase and click the "Order Now" button to pay by credit card. After payment, you will receive an email confirmation of enrollment. Having trouble seeing the prices below? Click HERE!Continuing Education