About the Brooks IHL
To create, preserve, and disseminate knowledge, as well as promote a culture of broad inquiry by providing world-class educational opportunities, cutting-edge scholarly research, and excellence in service within the healthcare environment.
To be recognized as the national leader in providing post-professional education for individuals practicing and/or working in the healthcare environment.
The Brooks IHL encourages students, residents/fellows in training, faculty, and staff to:
- Respect ideas and to rejoice in discovery and in critical thought
- Pursue excellence in a spirit of productive cooperation
- Assume responsibility for the consequences of personal actions
- To create an engaged, learner-centered environment that fosters inquiry, discovery and innovation in a global setting.
- To promote and support evidence-based practice that expands the boundaries of knowledge and creative expression and promotes translational applications to improve human health.
- Develop interdisciplinary collaborations that bring new perspectives to complex problems and mobilize creative energies that advance innovation and solve healthcare problems.
- To be known for our excellence in building leaders for tomorrow, developing patterns of lifelong learning, and positioning our graduates and participants for success in their professional and personal lives.